With its beautiful design and prominent Dolby Atmos speakers, Philips Soundbar is an excellent choice for those seeking an immersive listening experience. In addition to delivering stunningly clear audio quality, Philips' Soundbar supports Dolby Atmos decoding for 3D audio surround sound viewing.
Connecting a Philips soundbar to your smart TV takes a few steps. Follow the instructions provided, and you can enjoy movies and TV shows with high-quality sound. This article aims to show you how you can connect a Philips soundbar to a television using cable and wireless connections.
How To Connect Philips Soundbar To Tv Steps By Steps
Adding some audio oomph to your television-watching experience with a Philips soundbar is easy. You will need to connect your Philips soundbar to your led TV before you can start streaming your favourite shows and movies. So get ready to experience the best TV viewing experience ever!
There are three methods:
- Digital optical cable
- Digital coaxial cable
- Analog audio cables
Connecting Philips Soundbar Using Digital Optical Cable
To connect Philips soundbar to a smart TV setup, you will need a digital optical cable (DOC). This is a fibre-optic communications medium used for sending digital data.
- If you don’t have Digital optical cable, then you can buy from any store.
- Now take your optical cable.
- On the back of the Philips soundbar, you will find Optical Digital In Port.
- Connect one end of the optical cable on Optical Digital In Port.
- Other end of the optical cable to your Smart Tv Optical out port.
Connecting Philips Soundbar Using Digital Coaxial Cable
The digital coaxial cable revolutionised television and audio transmission by incorporating digital technology into the cable, providing a clearer picture and better sound quality than traditional analog cables. In addition to being durable, immune to interference, and able to support higher bandwidths than traditional cables, digital coaxial cable makes it easy to connect your Philips Soundbar. Follow the steps below to connect your Philips Soundbar:
- People needing Digital coaxial cable can buy them from any electronic store.
- Now take your Digital coaxial cable.
- On the back of your Philips soundbar, you will find a coaxial input port where you will connect one end of the coaxial cable.
- If your smart TV supports coaxial cable, then you have to plug the other end of the coaxial cable into your Tv coaxial out port.
Connecting Philips Soundbar Using Analog Audio Cables
A digital audio cable typically has a thinner, more analog sound and uses a variety of connectors, while an analog audio cable typically has a warmer, more analog sound. Furthermore, analog audio cables can also provide superior sound quality when used with high-quality speakers and are less susceptible to interference. The steps below will guide you on how to connect the Philips soundbar to your audio cables:
- People not having Analog audio cable can purchase one from a store.
- Now take your Analog audio cable, and you will find Red and white aux (R (Red) and L(White)
- At the Philips soundbar’s back side, you will find Audio L/R ports having Red and white colour, so use one side of your audio cable and plug the audio cable into the aux input after matching colours. And the same on your smart tv; you have to plug the other Analog audio cable side into the same Aux output ports.
Note: Red to Red and White to white
Connect Your Philips Soundbar Via HDMI Cable
If you’re looking to connect your Philips Soundbar to a TV or monitor over HDMI, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Things To Make Sure Before Connecting Philips Soundbar Via Hdmi To Your Smart Tv
- Ensure your Soundbar is compatible with HDMI; not all Philips models support the connection.
- Ensure that your TV or monitor has an HDMI port and that the cable is compatible with both devices.
- Ensure that your TV’s audio output is set to “HDMI” in order to hear sound from your Soundbar.
- Ensure to power on both devices before connecting them; otherwise, you may experience unexpected results.
Steps To Follow
- Only within the range of 5 Metres 60 inches you should have to connect soundbar with tv via HDMI cord.
- Now go to sound setup (use remote control home button)
- Select Tv sound > Select > HDMI Input
Connect your philips Soundbar via Bluetooth With Smart Tv
Connecting your Philips Soundbar to the wireless network is possible.
A wireless music system gives you the freedom to listen to your music anywhere in your house, or if you have a large home and don’t want to run an extra cable, you can connect your Soundbar via Bluetooth.
- Take your remote
- Press Home Button
- Select Bluetooth Setup
- From here you can select your Philips soundbar on the bluetooth list
- Now enjoy wireless music
Connect Your Soundbar Via Wi-fi Direct With Samsung Tv
You’ll need wifi Direct to use your Philips Soundbar to connect to the internet and share images, videos, and music with other devices. Using this feature, the Soundbar can be connected directly to other compatible devices without using a router or cable box as an intermediary. Follow the steps below to initiate a connection between your Soundbar and another device. For this purpose, both devices must be connected to the same wifi network.
- Power-On both Soundbar and your Smart Tv
- All Applications like youtube, Netflix etc., must be closed
- Now with your wifi, you have to connect your Smart tv and Soundbar on single wifi
- Samsung Smart Tv: For this purpose, you have to Go To > Home Menu > Select > Direct wifi> Wait
- Connect your Philips soundbar with the same wifi router
Recommended Video For You!
How Do I Get My Tv To Recognize My Sound Bar
If your TV doesn’t recognize your sound bar, there are a few things that you can try.
- First, make sure that the sound bar is properly connected to your TV.
- Second, make sure that the TV’s audio output is set to the correct input.
- Third, check to see if your sound bar has a firmware update available.
- Finally, try using a different HDMI cable if possible.
In A Nutshell - How To Connect Philips Soundbar To Tv
As a result, team Wooster Audio has shown you how to connect your soundbar using HDMI, optical, coaxial, and wireless cables. If you decide to use any of these methods, make sure you follow the instructions carefully so that everything goes smoothly. Congratulations!
More Related For You!