It is a ubiquitous question that every Oculus Quest 2 owner is asking, Does Oculus Quest 2 support headphones? The Oculus Quest 2 has an inbuilt audio system, so how can headphones be used? This is how you can connect your headphones to Oculus Quest 2. The Oculus Quest 2 is a virtual reality(VR) headset that Oculus develops.
The Quest 2 is becoming very popular as it offers many improved and new features, like powerful processing, a higher-resolution display, and more wireless connectivity. This device is very accessible and portable because it does not require a separate gaming console or computer to operate. That’s why this device is notable for its all-in-one design. Here’s what we know about connecting headphones to Oculus Quest 2.
Headphones that work with the Oculus Quest 2
Note: Meta Quest and Meta Quest 2 both support headphones
Meta Quest works with headphones that have a 3.5mm connector. To use your headphones, plug a pair of normal headphones with a 3.5mm audio connector into the ports on either side of your headset. If your headphones have a dual stereo connector, you can plug them into both ports. Please note that headset microphones are currently incompatible with Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest.
Meta Quest 2
Meta Quest 2 supports both 3.5mm and USB Type-C headphones. Connect headphones with a standard 3.5mm plug to the audio port on the headset’s left side. Connect the USB cord below the audio port on the headset’s left side. Remember that only headphones with a 3.5mm audio connector will work if you have two headphones connected. USB-C headphones won’t work if the Elite Strap with Battery has been connected.
Steps to Connect Headphones to Oculus Quest 2
Follow these steps to connect Headphones to your Oculus Quest 2:
- Check your headphones' integration with the Oculus Quest 2. Most wired and wireless headphones should work, but some might require the installation of extra adapters.
- The 3.5mm audio jack is positioned on the side of the Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- Put the headphone jack into the headset’s audio jack for wired headsets. The audio will be switched to headphones instantly.
- Put your headphones in the pairing position and allow Bluetooth on your Oculus Quest 2 to use wireless headphones. Select “Pair new device” from the “Devices” section of the settings menu. For the conclusion of the pairing process, follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Adjust the audio settings to your satisfaction using the volume controls on the headphones or the Oculus Quest 2’s setup panel.
You can also consult the manual’s troubleshooting section In case of any audio problems.
How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with an Oculus Quest 2
Bluetooth headphones are ‘officially’ supported by Oculus Quest 2; thanks to Oculus’s experimental features, players can still connect them to their headsets. On July 20th and 21st, Oculus officially made USB-C Headphones compatible with Quest 2. It is quite simple. Don’t forget to turn on Bluetooth in your headphones and then look at these given steps:
- Turn up your Oculus Quest 2
- From your Quest 2, open “Quick” Settings
- Pick the “Experimental Features” option
- Make sure that your headphones are powered on and detectable.
- Select the “Pair” button next to “Bluetooth Pairing.”
- Connect your headset to the audio device you selected from the list.
Try your headphones on other devices and your Oculus on other headphones if you face any problems. Even wired headphones can be used. It’s okay to use Bluetooth headphones if you want to. It won’t invalidate your Oculus Quest Warranty or damage your VR headset.
Note: Be prepared to be satisfied if your experience differs from what you expected.
How to Pair AirPods with an Oculus Quest 2
It shouldn’t be so difficult! Go through these steps. Turn on your AirPods and connect them by pressing the button on the back of the carrying container until the LED light appears to flash.
- Open the Settings menu of your Oculus Q2.
- Select “Device” next to “Bluetooth Devices.”
- Your AirPods should be listed in the menu of Bluetooth devices.
- Pick your AirPods from the drop-down menu and press the “Pair” button to start the pairing process.
- Wait for the connection to be established to conclude before trying to use your AirPods with your Oculus Quest 2.
The capacity to connect AirPods to the Oculus Quest 2 can differ according to the particular model of AirPods and the Quest 2’s software edition. Also, Oculus doesn’t officially support this feature. It might only be effective for some users, so you might encounter issues such as AirPods suddenly disconnecting or being attached but not generating sound.
Can I Use Noise-Cancelling Headphones with Oculus Quest 2?
The Oculus Quest 2 does support noise-canceling headphones. You can connect external headphones, including noise-canceling ones, to the headset’s headphone connection to improve your virtual reality experience by reducing outside distractions and immersing yourself deeper in the virtual world.